Please pardon our dust.
Due to Covid-19 we are reorganizing to better serve you.
What We Do
Why Mental Health Matters
For Public Safety Workers
- 1 in 4 fatal law enforcement encounters involves an individual experiencing mental illness.
- Approximately 19 police officers complete suicide each month.
- It is estimated that, on average, approximately 15 percent of officers in the U.S. experience PTSD symptoms.
For Fire and EMS Workers
- Approximately 85 percent of first responders have experienced symptoms related to mental health issues.
- Around 75 percent of rescue workers report mild symptoms of psychological trauma following a disaster.
- According to a national survey of first responders, nearly 40 percent of respondents said there would be negative repercussions for seeking mental health help at work.
- 30 percent of active duty and reserve military personnel deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan have a mental health condition requiring treatment.
- Fewer than 50 percent of returning veterans receive mental health treatment.
- Approximately 20 veterans die from suicide every day.
We are a PsychArmor certified Veteran Ready Nonprofit Organization. This certification allows organizations like ours to showcase our commitment to more effectively engage with Veterans, service members and their families.