Betties Bombers works to educate the gaming community about how video games can be used as a tool to improve mental wellness with an emphasis on the needs of EMS, Fire, Police and Military service members. Our Operation Reboot program has multiple openings for a Community Game Coordinator to help us address issues such as, PTSD, Anxiety, Social Isolation and Depression by hosting regularly scheduled video gaming nights for our community to boost morale.
The Community Game Coordinator will join a newly-created team that will host monthly online game nights for a variety of games and across a variety of platforms. These people are expected to function somewhat independently, with 1:1s as-needed for consultation regarding difficult or troublesome issues should any arise.
Our need at this time is for someone who will volunteer approximately 7-10 hours/month. This position is a remote opportunity with hours that offer some (but not complete) flexibility.
- Engage, nurture and build a community around video and board game(s), including the management of gaming events.
- Respond to comments in Discord in a professional manner.
- Monitor, moderate, and manage Discord activity; posting official updates, and other communications from the chosen game(s) development team.
- Compile regular reports with social metrics, and community feedback as needed.
- Create and execute community contests and initiatives.
- Select and manage moderators for game chats and livestreams (where applicable), likely in conjunction with other team members (when moderators are present)
- Experience working with gamer communities (required)
Are you the right candidate?
- Proficient written communication
- Experience creating and managing social media content (preferred)
- Some understanding of mental health awareness and stigma in gaming (preferred)
- Proficient ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Proficient project planning skills, including organizing and prioritizing responsibilities in an environment with potentially conflicting priorities
- Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Responsibility: Has strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done; sets up procedures to ensure high quality of work; has superior attention to detail; is always open to feedback and constructive criticism; implements ideas and suggestions to improve performance
- Communication: Has proficient written and verbal communication; identifies and presents information or data that will have a strong effect on others; proactively engages and asks questions
- Collaboration: Effectively builds collaborative relationships with colleagues and community members representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints; considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations
- Emotional intelligence: Responds to others’ feelings and viewpoints with empathy and insight; assesses people and situations and responds appropriately; adroit at reading between the lines; remains sympathetic to members even when they are frustrated or unpleasant; identifies own emotional responses and harnesses them effectively
- Advocacy: Follows up about problems expressed by members; tactful and persistent in following up (or escalating) until the issue is adequately resolved; able to balance advocacy with organizational needs and policies
How to Apply
Please fill out this application in its entirety https://forms.gle/xGND6U7rM5yHbbwn7 and send a copy of your resume to email@example.com . We will review your submission and your resume and schedule a call for an interview with you as soon as possible.