Graphic Designer/Artist (Multi-Media)
We are looking for a graphic designer/artist to create engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of media. The position includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos.
You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of our website, annual reports, marketing materials, merchandise, exhibitions and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message about us. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to talk with you.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in graphic design, internships included
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, or other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Be able to commit to at least 5 hours per week, as needed.
Notwithstanding any information provided above, management may require that you will from time to time organize other duties within the scope of this position but not specifically contained in the position description above. Some out of work hour duties may be required including meetings, special time-sensitive projects, and pre-planned events. This position will eventually be incorporated into a paid staff position.
How to Apply
Please fill out this application in its entirety https://forms.gle/W5vpJtZ9yMMn4a718 and send a copy of your resume and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your application and schedule a call for an interview with you as soon as possible.