This exciting role is responsible for the day-to-day operation and short to mid-term strategy for Betties Bombers channels on live stream platforms Mixer and Twitch. This encompasses the content strategy, scheduling and delivery; and working with the Head of Social to implement the agreed strategy to grow the streaming networks and use it to support the wider business objectives of Betties Bombers – growing subscribers and views in order to meet the agreed audience KPI’s and profit targets.The position also includes direct line management of any stream team members and programming on the assigned platform.
There are two available positions, one for Twitch and one for Mixer.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- By running the team of streamers, take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the platform.
- Devise and implement audience development strategies both on and off platform to increase viewing and subscriber numbers. A specific focus should be to grow audience in content and regions with the most effective commercial return.
- Manage the supply of video clips either from in-house or from third-party sources. This includes relationship management of external partners as well as internal service providers such as the Operations team. Ensuring that all content that is uploaded is rights cleared.
- Manage promotions and live events on the channels.
- Take responsibility for the overall look and design of all channels and make sure they obey all relevant branding guidelines.
- Work with Head of Social to create a slate of original content which complements archive clips and delivers on wider Betties Bombers business objectives.
- Along with the Social team, create and implement a network schedule of when streamers go live so that the accompanying social media posts can be created and posted.
- Research on what content is performing well in order to advise on channels’ content needs, and generate ideas.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying streamers either through social media or at local streamer meetups.
- Must be a self starter.
Are you the right candidate?
- Direct and extensive experience with running community-driven online video platforms such as Twitch, Mixer, etc.. Must be able to demonstrate having successfully grown an online community (channel or channels) in terms of both subscriber numbers and video views / engagement.
- Must have working knowledge of live stream extensions such as Lightstream, Streamlabs and Stream Elements, and the ability to create custom event specific overlays and alerts.
- Must have a good understanding of the operational challenges of sourcing, clearing and publishing online video whether that be original in nature or taken from material previously broadcast on TV.
- Have a proven understanding of the current global digital landscape outside of live streaming, including relevant online locations for popular video sharing sites and popular social networks.
- Understanding of the production process of television / video would be useful.
- Basic graphic design skills and knowledge of Photoshop or similar graphics program is desired.
- Some long distance travel may be required to conventions such as TwitchCon or PAX.
- This is a part-time volunteer staff opportunity that will eventually be turned into a full-time paid staff position. You will be expected to put in a minimum of 15 hours per week as a volunteer.
How to Apply
Please fill out this application in its entirety https://forms.gle/xGND6U7rM5yHbbwn7 and send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will review your submission and your resume and schedule a call for an interview with you as soon as possible.